Tuesday, July 6, 2010
A Few of My Favorite Things
I'm trying to get myself back into gear as I've slipped into relaxed, vacation mode and I need to motivate myself again. I don't go on my big vacation trip until autumn so must stay focused for now. I'm feeling somewhat inspired by last week's Bursary of Bliss over at Windy Poplars, so here are a few of my favorite things:
1. Revisiting books I love - lately that would be Madeleine L'Engle, but L.M. Montgomery is another perennial favorite of mine. And there are many more - I am a voracious reader.
3. Cats - and I love the way they smell behind the ears!
4. Sniffing through different perfumes
5. Being outside on a sunny, breezy day
6. Walking through a garden
7. Laundry drying in the sun
8. The quiet of snow falling - I always think snow is God's way of telling people to slow down and take a break.
9. Taking tea
10. Changing from winter linens to spring ones and vice versa
11. seeing all my favorite family members at Thanksgiving - no gifts, no pressure, just enjoying people's company
12. Driving in my car, singing along with the radio
13. Going to Kingsmill in the spring
14. the Blue Ridge Mountains in the fall
15. standing on the beach at night under a full moon
16. driving under Spanish moss
17. dark chocolate
18. dancing when no one's looking
19. watching fireworks
20. the sun through stained glass windows
21. the taste of fresh berries
22. picking out yarn to start a new knitting project
23. the way my husband smiles at me like we share a private joke
24. seeing something I've planted in my garden coming to life; I am the worst gardener ever and I love the miracle of seeing something I didn't kill.
25. the smell of woods and water after a rain