Wednesday, June 30, 2010
My First Blog Award
I want to thank Annie of Classic Annie for giving me the Sugar Doll award. She's made a new blogger feel welcome, and I really do enjoy visiting her blog. You should check it out!
And here are the rules that go with the badge:
Thank the person who gave you the award, share ten things about yourself, pass this award onto ten bloggers who you recently discovered and think are fantastic and finally contact the bloggers to let them know you’ve picked them for an award.
And here are 10 random things about me:
1.I'm a litigation attorney.
2. I once had a witness ask me out while I was cross-examining him on the witness stand.
3. I love to cook and bake. I don't always have a lot of time during the week, but I cook a lot on weekends.
4. I'm working on various renovation projects in the house, so it's hard for me to have people over. Not being able to entertain is making me a little down because I love having people over and cooking for them.
5. I love to travel, and will go anywhere I have a chance to go. Most recently, that was a jaunt to Kingsmill in Williamsburg, but I think my favorite place to go has been Austria. I lived and worked there for a few months in college.
6. I want to leave the world around me better than I found it, and I enjoy doing volunteer work and helping with causes I believe in. I do a lot of volunteer work with a local domestic violence shelter where I teach classes on repairing your credit, how to read a lease/not get taken advantage of in finding housing, etc..
7. My favorite color is green - just about any shade of it.
8. I enjoy a good cup of tea. It can be just me, lounging by the window with a book or shared with a group. I just enjoy it.
9. I love to read, and it seems that there are never enough bookcases in the house to suit me.
10. I have a husband and three cats, and I adore them all quite madly.
And here are 10 of the wonderful bloggers who have made a newbie feel right at home online!
2. Dixie Gator Gal
3. Whitney and the Preppy Puppy
4. Southern Living: Preppy Style
5. The Preppy Princess
6. I Do Declare
7. Worthy Style
8. Windy Poplars
9. The Company She Keeps
10. If I Can't Wear Heels...I Don't Want to Go
Hope everyone has a lovely Wednesday!